Facilitated by Don Frick
Tuition $430.00 (includes all required course texts) $325 (No books option)
The Implementing Servant Leadership course is designed to introduce participants to the strategies and practices that have been successful in implementing servant leadership in organizations.
Throughout this course, participants will:
- Review Greenleaf’s key ideas about servant leadership, and specifically how they apply to organizations
- Begin the process of personal development necessary to model servant leadership
- Understand common pitfalls and successful implementation strategies
- Discuss stories about organizations that have implemented servant leadership
- Learn from teleconference conversations with leaders with wide experience in integrating Greenleaf’s principles, including people from business, education, government agencies, and servant-leader coaching.
- Learn from each other
- Create a personal credo based on your deepest values
- Design a road map and strategy for implementing servant leadership in your workplace, nonprofit, or community organizations
Phone group sessions will occur on the following Fridays from noon to 1:30 pm EST: February 24th, March 24th, April 28th, May 28th, June 23rd 2017
To receive a Certificate in “Implementing Servant Leadership ”, the participant must:
- Participate in wiki collaborative website and group phone discussions
- Read required texts and other assigned readings about servant leadership
- Contribute in five (5) group discussions via telephone conference calls with facilitators and other participants*
- Share insights and learning using the course wiki collaborative website
*NOTE: Participants may make up one (1) missed phone group discussion; Participants who miss more than one group discussion are not eligible to receive a course completion certificate.
COURSE READINGS: Required: (Included in course tuition)
James C. Hunter. The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle: How to Become a Servant Leader.(2004)
James W. Sipe and Don M. Frick. Seven Pillars of Servant Leadership: The Wisdom and Practice of Leading by Serving, Revised and Expanded Edition. Paulist Press (2015)
Don M. Frick. Implementing Servant Leadership: Stories from the Field. D. B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership, Viterbo University (2009)
Robert K. Greenleaf. Servant: Retrospect and Prospect. Greenleaf Center (1988).
Additional readings and media resources will be assigned throughout the course.